Saturday 1 February 2014

Day 27 ... out and about

This weekend Bizzy B is away on respite which happens once every 4 weeks.  He goes to his special needs school on Friday morning and transport take him to the children's home and they bring him back to school on Monday morning.  I miss him terribly but I do find the rest very valuable.  It gives me some time and space to recover a bit and a chance for me to spoil the other members of my family who usually miss out.

Usually, I am guilty of being so tired I don't actually go out or do anything exciting.  This weekend though we decided that we should do something so my Partner and I planned a day out shopping. So, we went to the city of Bath.  It was perfect.  I wont go into detail but being a parent to a profoundly Autistic child who can't communicate, who wears nappies full time and has aggressive tendancies is tough and it puts paid to even the most simple and ordinary things  - like going to the shops.

It's not my birthday for 5 weeks but we thought we would go and I could choose some presents.  So my partner treated me to a new coat (embarrassingly mine was a few years old and looked it ... you know when it goes bobbly and the linning is torn and the fastenings are dodgy ... the whole thing was past it!). 

and he also got me these ....


I have huge plans this year for our garden and I have been saving for a new shed and greenhouse so that can help contribute towards my lifestyle choice.  I grew up in a household that grew their own fruit and vegetables and it was brilliant.  I miss it. So these boots will come in very handy for the garden as well as all this rain we are having and maybe if we get any snow.  The welly socks really make them too and I love the colour of the boots which is 'Mint'.

Anyway, this was the first day during whole30 (on Day 27) that I have actually been out and about for lunch time (not counting the funeral) so that shows that I don't go out much.  so after a hearty breakfast I packed a salad in a tub and took a cold bottle of water to drink with the intention of buying some protein in the form of plain prawns. 



I bought a pack of plain prawns with a cocktail sauce on the side (which of course I did not even open or eat) and a small box of plain cashews which I only ate half of and another bottle of water. 


So in all I had a lovely day and this is what I ate altogether on Day 27 ...

Breakfast

Leftover pork fried in the pork jelly (fat removed)
Rocket
Raw carrot
Cherry vine tomatoes


Lunch

(As above)
Plain prawns
Rocket
Red Pepper
Cherry vine tomatoes
Raw carots
Cucumber
Closed handful of cashew nuts

Dinner





Fried chicken
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Rocket
Cumber
Garlic mushrooms made with ghee and parsley
Small portion of coconut meat.

what a lovely day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you