Monday 6 January 2014

Day 1




So, as promised I woke up eager to get going on the Whole30 and weighed and measured myself accordingly (just for the record) but that will be the last time for at least the 30 days. Hoping to stop another bad habit.

Its been a good day and I am pleased.  I had planned to blog all my meals but somehow scoffed lunch and dinner before I remembered! Whoops, sorry!  They probably aren't interesting enough anyway (yet!) because I am going a bit primitive to start with because that way I can build on it.  I haven't been starving but I have been hungry but only when it was time to have my meals anyway but this meant that I really enjoyed eating them which made them even more satisfying.

So today consisted of : -

Breakfast (as pictured above)

Hard Boiled Egg
Half a sliced advocado
A handful of cherry tomatoes

Lunch

Tuna
Gem Lettuce leaves
Half a sliced advocado
A handful of cherry tomatoes

Dinner

Beef steak
Sprouts
Carrots
Broccoli
Leeks

followed by

Melon and a sprinkle of plain cashew nuts (Looks plain but was surprisingly tasty and I loved the crunch factor).



Breakfast is always a tricky one because I am mostly running around to Bizzy B's rigid routine and as you can imagine he takes up all my energy and attention - not to mention the two dogs and the three chickens who I also have to sort out before work. So, I have to carefully manage a breakfast that conveniently wedges in between dropping Bizzy B off at School and starting work at 9.30 so it has to be a quick, nutritious and achievable plan ... much like a hard boiled egg etc etc.

I don't drink Tea and Coffee so I have drank a lot of water today (1 Litre at work and nearly twice that amount at home) and needless to say I have had to pee a lot!

I miss a cheeky Pepsi Max or two but I am feeling positive and I am ready and willing for Day 2 which is much the same for food with tweaks ... but watch this space to find out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you