Saturday 18 January 2014

Day 13

It's the weekend and I was fortunate to have a restful night and lazy morning thanks to my partner who got up with Bizzy B during the night and in the morning.

After breakfast we went on a bit of a shop tour going to all the places collecting the recipe bits I needed to do some batch cooking tomorrow. I also tried to get an egg boiler, the plug in the wall kind, but I couldn't find any in the shops so it's on order now from Amazon.  I want to boil a batch of eggs easily (without supervision I mean) and then leave them in a bowl in the fridge for me and the family to eat.

My 'Well Fed 2' book still hasn't arrived but I am happy using recipes from the internet which is good.  Tonight's recipe was from nom nom paleo website which is an amazing and I also have the 'Nom nom paleo food for humans' book. The recipe is actually Sous Vide crispy chicken thighs but I don't have a Sous Vide (I wish) so I improvised and cooked the thighs in my slow cooker for a few hours and then finished them off in the frying pan with duck fat.  Yummy.  The family approved also.
 
So, today I ate: -

Brunch  

2 Hard boiled egg
Cherry tomatoes
Cucumber
Raw carots
Gem lettuce
Cashew nuts

Dinner



2 Crispy Chicken Thighs
Sweet potatoes
Rocket
Red Peppers
Raw Carrot balons
Cucumber
Sprout crisps

Melon
Small portion of coconut


Happy days still :)










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you