Friday 17 January 2014

Day 12, whoop, whoop



I am sat here feeling really happy, stuffed and satisfied.  It's been another great day.  It didn't start too well with an angry and upset Bizzy B but I got him to School on time and furthermore I got to work on time and I had a really lovely time supporting one of my colleagues who was snowed under with work.  That makes me feel satisfied ... knowing that what you have done helps someone considerably.  Anyway I had the slow cooker going all day and it made a really great recipe.  A Friday night treat and the whole family loved it.

The recipe was Italian Roast Pork and from The Clothes Make the Girl Blog.  I am spending a lot of time on that blog in the evenings when I can and I have a list of things I want to try and cook.  I have just ordered her recipe book too as she's written 'Well Fed' and 'Well Fed 2' both of which are best sellers.  I have 'Well Fed 2' on the way because 'Well Fed' was sold out.   I used a Pork Shoulder for my recipe, as recommended, as anything too lean would dry out.  I patted the joint dry with kitchen paper and rubbed herbs all over the outside and infused fresh garlic.  I placed it in the Slowcooker all day.  My joint was an experiment so was smaller than the recipe and therefore instead of cooking it for 16 hours I cooked it just during the day.  I love the aspect of cooking a joint in the slow cooker and using it as a counter top oven.  Genius.



Half way through cooking I poured the juices off and cooled them then just before serving scooped the separated fat on the top off and reheated the remaining jelly which nicely reduced to a delicious gravy.  In the end the meat was so tender and juicy it was falling apart and with the gravy on top was the best pork I have EVER tasted. You can find the recipe here and I recommend you make it.

Yum.

So here's today's food: -

Breakfast

Hard Boiled Egg
Cherry Tomatoes
Cashew nuts
Kiwi

Lunch

Left over chilli
Gem lettuce
Cherry tomatoes
Cucumber

Dinner

Roast Italian Pork
Red Cabbage
Sprouts
Leeks
Carots

Small portion of coconut

So that's my second Friday on the Whole30.  love it.

:)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. Thank you